Open a Torrent File, Opening, Download, .torrent, Program, How Do I
The file ending in ".torrent" is just the file with the download code in it. There are just words in that file.
1. Download and install µTorrent.
2. Search Google for a torrent. Enter the name of a software program and put the word "torrent" at the end.
3. Download the needed torrent file from a website to your download folder.
4. Open µTorrent with the shortcut on the desktop.
5. Left click "File" in the top left of the program screen. Then left click "Add File".
6. Browse to the torrent file you downloaded. Double click it.
7. A "Save As" window will open with the name of the file without "tpb.torrent" at the end.
8. Click "OK". Click "Active" or "Inactive" to see the real program files download.
9. Put the cursor over the program name at the top. Three of these things could happen:
i) Right click on the name, left click "Open" and a WinRAR or WinZip folder with the needed files will open.
ii) After you left click "Open", a window warning of "unknown file" will open. Click "Yes" then install program.
iii) "Open" is grayed out. Double click the program name and a folder will open with all needed files. Install.
Follow all instructions in "README.txt" files in torrent main folder or subfolder. If you want a full working program that is.
Another option is to use Miro.
1. Download and install Miro.
2. Left click on "Sidebar" in the top left of Miro. Left click "Add Source".
3. Enter "http://thepiratebay.org/rss" or other source.
4. Pirate bay is now in the list on the left. Click Pirate Bay.
5. Enter the name of a needed software program leave out the word "torrent". It is unnecessary.
6. When you get to the list of files, click one. A description page will appear. Click "DOWNLOAD THIS TORRENT".
7. It will download in the background. Look at the list on the left. You will see "Downloading 1".
9. Click "Downloading 1" and you will see the download fill the screen with its progress. Click "Misc" on left.
10. In the top right you will see two buttons with lines across them. Click the left one.
11. All downloads will be seen. Click "Reveal in Explorer" on a file. A folder opens with all needed files.
Installing Adobe Macromedia Shockwave Player for Mozilla Firefox
Installing Adobe Macromedia Shockwave Player for Internet Explorer
Installing Macromedia Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer
Installing Macromedia Adobe Flash Player for Mozilla Firefox
Installing a Program to Run SWF Files
Disabling UAC for a Program