Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Problems With Planet Domain Web Hosting, Reviews, Blog.


PLANET DOMAIN

Planet Domain is a self-assured company, in that it believes in treating customers as it sees fit.  It also offers consumers a product of their own making and expects users to accept their price.  planet domain.
I have been a Planet Domain customer for over six years.  I am really upset at the way they are treating me.  Every year there is a hassle as they get confused over automatic credit card payment and sending out a bill.   They think "We will send them a bill whether they pay that way or they pay automatically, just to p... them off."    planet domain
      
Every month on the last two or three days my website runs out of bandwidth.  They are trying to make me pay $155 a year too increase my bandwidth. It's $240 for unlimited bandwidth. When I tell them all the other providers give unlimited bandwidth from the very basic package up, they just mumble away with a lame excuse.  planet domain
Planet Domain has an advertised table of Host Plans and a "secret" business system that is not really advertised.  They charge more for a business plan though you don't get anything more than the ordinary plans.    planet domain
      
They are moving all websites to new servers one at a time.  My turn came today.  The person on customer support told me he would send out a link explaining the delay I would experience.  Furthermore, he would send the link by email, only to my website server.  This was stupid, considering the server is down.  I don't have access to get the link!      planet domain
       
To put it bluntly their support technicians are second rate.  They can't even take justified customer complaints.  They recently sent me email saying I had no right to abuse them.  Well, with the service they offer they must get plenty of it.      planet domain

Please, take my advice and don't lodge your web hosting with Planet Domain.  I will certainly be changing.